Sales Training E-book for the success of selling anything for lifetime reference.
Step 1: Preparation & Planning
a. Preparing yourself
- Self Esteem
You are the Most Valuable Person in your work.
Repeat it & Its True….
It would be impossible to value another person without first feeling value for yourself. When you place value on your own work, selling and efforts, you can begin to find the value in the work of others. It’s in your power to encourage self-esteem training and well-being at your place of work. You can feel dignity even though you may not have done anything yet, simply because you have the capacity to do it.
THE SELF-IMAGE: HIGHWAY TO SUCCESS
Have you ever said to yourself?
- I can’t imagine myself being successful.
- I would like to, but I don’t have enough experience / right education
- I can’t get ahead because I’m too short, overweight, a woman, my parents are poor and incapable.
The truth is, most people talk themselves into failure and dejection. The result is the Fear of Trying. Most of us know of or have read about common people who have become uncommonly productive and successful in their work and careers. Individuals who have overcome enormous outer obstacles and inner roadblocks to become successful in their field.
Yet many people can’t imagine doing such things themselves. They say, “Yes, he or she could do it but I can’t because I feel low dignity or no self-esteem”.
They develop the habit of failure. It takes two forms:
–the habit of looking back at past problems.
-the habit of imagining the worst in the future.
Because they lack sufficient self-confidence to believe in the validity of their dreams, they don’t prepare for their achievement, and therefore are going drown in the river.
No wonder so many people who work feel trapped. Failure becomes set in their self-images.
Note: self-esteem takes practice
Believe in yourself, no matter how long it takes or how tough it may seem at times.
Your formula for Building Self-Esteem
How much you like yourself is the core energy force that determines your personality. All top performers have a program or formula for building self-esteem.
10 Amazing steps to Feel better and to achieve a world of success.
(REMEMBER: How much you like yourself = Mental Fitness)
- Action precedes feeling: Act your way into feeling something. Action triggers emotion. The role of pretending– act happy.
- Set clear goals: so, you can feel like a winner. Establish a victory list for all your accomplishments. Set income goals (the WHAT) and personal goals (the WHY).
- Accept 100% responsibility. “if it’s to be, it’s up to me.” No excuses, no blaming.
- Commit yourself to excellence. be the best. Say to you: I’m the best, I love myself and I love my work.
- Mental Rehearsal: Visualize the outcomes you desire, especially before you go to sleep at night. See yourself strong, confident and relaxed, and see your customers responding positively.
- Believe in yourself: faith. Believe in yourself, your company and your product.
- Integrity and Honesty: They are at the root of success in Sales and Marketing. Never expect to be successful without being willing to pay the price. Never expect the rewards without working. Don’t look for shortcuts.
- Have confident expectations: Look for the good in every situation.
- Expect the best: never ever underestimate the power of you can and I can.
- Practice the Law of Increasing Returns: the more you give thanks, the more you will RECEIVE thanks.
Unlocking your Sales Potential
The key factor to your success and achievements is: using your potential
An average person uses 5% of their potential. Assume you are using 10% of your potential (Sales Effectiveness), then 90% remains.
Who is earning the most? Those who realize more of their potential.
You have a self-concept. Your sales effectiveness is in direct relation to your level of self-concept. Your self-concept is subjective. It is made-up of beliefs about you, not reality.
You have a lot of self-concepts (how you sell, how you dress, etc.). For you to raise your performance, you have to change your self-concept, by changing your belief system.
At the core of your belief-esteem is your self-esteem. Self Esteem = how much you like yourself. How much you like yourself is the most important. How much do you like yourself as a husband / wife, sales person, etc.
You are a self-programming machine. Feed yourself positive self-talk or positive affirmations. If you repeat: I like myself, your overall self-concept goes up. All high performers have high levels of self-esteem. repeat it with enthusiasm!!!
High performing sales people feel like winners. Every time you make a sale, your
self-esteem goes up. You can build it systematically by repeating over and over:
I like myself
There is a direct relation between self-esteem and a Positive Mental Attitude (PMA). Your attitude on the outside is a reflection of your attitude inside. How you like yourself, and how you like other people are also tied with your self-esteem.
Health (and appearance) is directly related to self-esteem.
Use positive Self-talk: I FEEL GREAT, I FEEL HAPPY, I FEEL HEALTHY.
Major reason people fail in sales: FEAR OR REJECTION. It is okay for people to say no – get used to it; otherwise, we avoid making contact with customers. When self-esteem is high, fear of rejection is low. Don’t be afraid to ask for the sale.
COURAGE is the foremost of the sales virtues. The higher your self-esteem and the more you like yourself – the more energy, enthusiasm, courage and boldness you will have. And the more you will make!
“Success is not measured by what you’ve done compared to others, but compared to what you’re capable of doing.” — Zig Ziglar.
MENTAL PREPARATION FOR SELLING
80% of the selling process is what is going on in your mind.
Self – Image controls performance. It is how you see yourself.
Self – Image = Self – Ideal
Change your self-image through visualization in a relaxed state (just before you go to sleep). Create a clear mental picture of the ideal YOU.
Surround yourself with pictures.
Use “mental rehearsal” – play the sales call in your mind. This image triggers the emotion. See yourself performing at your very best.
Prior to every sales call – recall and relieve excellence – thing about your best sales call.
VISUALIZE – AFFIRM – EMOTIONALIZE IT! Example: I’M THE BEST! I LIKE MYSELF!
Feed your mind with positive information every day.
“Amateurs compete to win over their competitors. Professionals competes to win over them.”
SELF – TALK
This “SELF-TALK” will give your subconscious mind a new set of directions, which will help you to motivate yourself in any area of your life:
- I set goals and reach them. I know what I want out of life. I go after it and I get it.
- People like me and I feel good about myself.
- Nothing seems to stop me. I have a lot of determination. I turn problems into advantages.
- I know that I can accomplish anything that I choose, and I refuse to let anything negative hold me back or stand in my way.
- I am not afraid of anything or anyone. I have strength, power, conviction and confidence!
- I have a clear picture in mind of what I want. I can see it in front of me. I know that it’s all up to me and I can do it.
- Roadblocks don’t bother me. They just mean that I am alive and running, and I am not going to stand still for anything.
- I trust myself. I have got what it takes-plenty of it – and I know how to use it today, more than ever. Today, I am unstoppable! I have got myself together and I am getting more together every day, and today- look out world, here I come!!
- Limitations? I don’t even recognize them as limitations. There is no challenge that I can’t conquer, there’s no wall I can’t climb over. There are no problems I can’t defeat or turn around and make it work for me.
- I stand tall! I am honest and sincere. I like to deal with people and they like me. I think about the circumstances of my life. I accept my failings and move past them as easily as I accept the rewards for my victories.
- I never give myself excuses. I get things done on time and in the right way.
- I am an exceptional human being. I believe in them like I believe in myself. And that is so strong that there is nothing that diminishes my undefeatable spirit.
Watch our Motivational Video Explaining about Self Talk and Self Esteem
9 Steps for Effective and Successful Time Management
- Precious stone
Become more time conscious. Remember that time is a scarce resource. better it is managed well, better can be managed all. Any amount of money cannot buy a single unit of time. One of the keys to success is better time management.
Plant and organize all the details of the tasks to be done. Determine the better place, best person and the best time to do the job. Learn to delegate effectively.
Travel only if you must. Much traveling time can be saved by proper use of the telephone, couriers or by deputing someone for travel assignments. With the advancement of technology, today we also have email.
- Exact Spot
Allot a definite and fixed place for all articles – papers, keys, etc. much time is lost if you have to search for frequently used articles.
Live in the present. We often lose time by regretting and reliving the past or worrying about the future.
Have well defined goals in life. The moment you have nothing particular to do, attend to the short-term and long-term goals.
Learn to deal effectively with interruptions due to telephones and unscheduled visitors.
Pouring over newspapers and watching TV with the hope that the next program would be better or by loose talk or frequent coffee breaks while working often squander precious time.
Most of us sleep 8 to 9 hours a day when, actually, 6 to 7 hours are sufficient for us. Thus, we can gain an extra hour or two for ourselves by reducing the duration of our sleep.